About An-Noor Academy
An-Noor Academy & Darul-Huda Institute was established in September 2000 by Muslim Center of Middlesex County (MCMC) to serve the educational needs of the Muslim community of Piscataway and surrounding areas.
This vibrant educational institution of academic and character learning, now in its eleventh year of successful operation, offers a rigorous and challenging academic curriculum, and a well structured and comprehensive Islamic Studies, Quran, and Arabic language program.
The institution which began its journey from the MCMC Masjid as a small primary school witnessed a remarkable growth in all areas, and soon became a fully functional elementary school. To accommodate the growing number of students, a bigger facility was acquired in 2004 at Roswell Avenue, and the school moved to its new home.
Later, in order to accommodate more students in elementary as middle school, it was decided to acquire another facility located at Ethel Road.
Alhamdulillah, since August 2005, the Ethel Road location is the home to An-Noor Academy Darul-Huda Institute. However, the school still runs its primary classes at MCMC Masjid location at Hoes Lane.
An-Noor Academy offers the following:
- Academic & character excellence in a safe & positive Islamic environment
- Rigorous curriculum based on NJ standards
- Highly systematic & sophisticated core knowledge curriculum
- Direct focus on reading, writing & language skills
- Comprehensive Quran & Islamic Studies curriculum
- Challenging Arabic curriculum with emphasis on Arabic conversation
- Dedicated, experienced & caring staff
- State of the art enrichment programs in English & Mathematics
- State of the art computer based grading system
- Competitive physical education & creative extra-curricular activities
- Emphasis on public speaking & leadership role for every child & much more!
A number of An-Noor Academy graduates are pursuing graduate or post graduate degree courses at various New Jersey colleges and universities.